Teton Literacy Center is here to support you with resources for your children while they are at home. TLC will provide you with the following during program closures:
- A weekly email with ideas for at-home learning and connection to resources in our community.
- This webpage which will provide the weekly resources by grade ranges.
- Updated community resources for you to access.
- Don't panic and provide information to your children in an age-appropriate way to help them understand.
- Organize your time by creating a schedule with predictable, consistent routines including wake up routines, school day routine with predictable lunch time, recess and social time with peers over the phone, and an "afterschool routine."
- Provide choice for your children. Let them know to expect to do school work but also let them choose what to complete first or choose from a list of additional activities they can complete. Choice provides them the ability to feel some control during this time.
- Get outdoors while maintaining social distancing. Provide time for a walk, bike ride or take one of the lessons outdoors.
- Reach out to other parents and your child's teachers. TCSD teachers will have office hours for students to connect. Ask what other parents are doing as well.