Teton Literacy Center is here to support you with resources for your children while they are at home. TLC will provide you with the following during program closures:
- A weekly email with ideas for at-home learning and connection to resources in our community.
- This webpage which will provide the weekly resources by grade ranges.
- Updated community resources for you to access.
- Don't panic and provide information to your children in an age-appropriate way to help them understand.
- Organize your time by creating a schedule with predictable, consistent routines including wake up routines, school day routine with predictable lunch time, recess and social time with peers over the phone, and an "afterschool routine."
- Provide choice for your children. Let them know to expect to do school work but also let them choose what to complete first or choose from a list of additional activities they can complete. Choice provides them the ability to feel some control during this time.
- Get outdoors while maintaining social distancing. Provide time for a walk, bike ride or take one of the lessons outdoors.
- Reach out to other parents and your child's teachers. TCSD teachers will have office hours for students to connect. Ask what other parents are doing as well.
Weekly ideas for developing literacy skills, college and career readiness conversations and project ideas
Adult ESL Resources
Continue building your English skills at home with your family
Check out the great resources from our partners at the Jackson Hole Children's Museum