- Read your first draft.
- Make sure that you have punctuation in the right place.
- Are all of your sentences complete?
- Are some sentences short and some long?
- Look for parts that could be better.
- Did you use the right words? (No or Know? Won or One?)
- Did you use interesting words? (Slam, giggle, squishy)
- Make your changes, then have someone else read it to see if they understand it.
Proof Reading Tips:
- Read your writing aloud. Then you can listen for errors.
- Touch each word with your pencil. This will help you check for spelling.
- Find a helper. Have your teacher or someone else check your writing, too.