Articles for Educators:
- Learn about how to create an inclusive classroom environment in an elementary setting.
- Here is some advice for school teachers via the Pacer Center.
- For advice on developing positive relationships with families of diverse backgrounds, click here.
- Check out these activity from "Diversity Month".
- Click here to access some classroom activities that encourage diversity.
- Take the IAT to see if you have hidden biases you're not even aware of.
- Click here for a 1st-2nd grade activity that teaches about gender stereotypes. Click here for an activity aimed at 3rd-5th grade students.
Articles for Parents:
- Here is some advice for parents about advocating for diversity in schools.
- Read about the importance of mentors for young female athletes.
- Share this timeline with your child (on the impact women have had in history).
- Talk about diversity with younger children after watching this Sesame Street video.
- Read this article to understand more about teaching your child about diversity.