In September, our staff participated in the following:
- Adam Seery attended the Techbridge STEM conference in Casper, WY.
- Adam Seery and Krista Hollis attended the Wilson Reading Systems Training in Jackson, WY.
- Kristin Livingstone and Krista Hollis will be presenting at and attending the WYAA Annual Conference in Cheyenne, WY.
- Jade Bowden will be attending the Orton Gillingham Training in Denver, CO.
- Jade Bowden is taking a course on Hearing Science through CU-Boulder, which began in September and will finish in December.
Beyond this, our entire staff has partnered with the University of Wyoming to engage in monthly professional development sessions. This partnership is designed to promote mutual opportunities for learning between TLC and the University, while also affording TLC staff with the feedback necessary to improve our programs and better our teaching styles.
Interested in learning more? Check out the three articles we will be delving into at our professional development meeting this afternoon.
Comment with your own opinions! What PD opportunities do you think we need here at TLC? How would you like to get involved?