Teton Literacy Center is a Family Literacy Center that offers 100% free programming.
Tutoring•After School Clubs•Parent English Classes•Early Literacy Instruction•Practice Kindergarten Programming•Parent Education•Summer Camps•Family Workshops•Family Field Trips
- After School Enrichment Clubs: Teton Literacy supports students through after-school clubs. These are theme based clubs that integrate literacy and STEAM into content areas. We offer clubs for students in grades K-8.
- Summer Camps: Literacy camps, tutoring, and "club summer" programming reduce summer learning loss for K-8th grade students.
This Program is funded through 21st Century Community Learning Center Funding
Tutoring: Students reading 6 months to 2 years below grade level work one-to-one with a volunteer tutor for one hour each week. Each lesson is planned by a staff member and targets the individual student's literacy needs. Through tutoring, students gain confidence, thinking skills, and reading strategies. Tutoring sessions support individual interests and are aligned with school curriculum.
Family Literacy Programming
- Early Literacy Instruction and Literacy Lab: Students who wouldn't otherwise have access to the preschool experience are part of the Literacy Lab. The program enables students to acquire pre-reading and pre-writing skills before entering kindergarten, in addition to learning classroom norms and expected behaviors.
- Parent Education: We support the literacy and educational goals of the parents in our family literacy program by providing English classes and HSEC support in collaboration with Central Wyoming College (CWC).
- Family Literacy Workshops: Workshops for families provide knowledge and tools to support at home literacy activities and skill building.
- Family Connections: Parents are vital to our students' success. We provide support through PACT time, home visits, and classes, helping them learn fun ways to increase their child's academic development.